Thursday, January 27, 2005

Some Things are Better Left Said by Others

When I started this blog, I envisioned it to be something akin to Dubious Quality, as Bill Harris is certainly among my favorite bloggers going. You can tell when a professional is doing one of these things, can't you? (We both know into which category I belong!) Anyway, I've fancied myself similar in style, yet certainly not in quality, to Bill's web log. I guess I could've called my blog "Dubious" Dubious Quality, or something, but I digress.

Two of the topics that I was preparing to write about tonight were the story about EA's layoffs in its L.A. studio, and the story about the Oklahoma Senator trying to reinstate cockfighting, provided the roosters wear boxing gloves. Safety first, I guess. Lo and behold, one of my virtual mentors has covered the same thing! Bill obviously said it better, with more depth and analysis, than I ever could. So, to read a good and humorous take on the aforementioned topics du jour, click here.

For the sake of originality, let me post something different from what Bill's covering... I'm curbing my gaming habit, but I'm still in the market for select games. As I've mentioned previously, I'm a huge fan of Konami's Winning Eleven series soccer games. It just so happens that next month, for the first time on Xbox, the WE series is making its way to the states (it's been a PS2 title over here for several iterations). Operation Sports has posted a "fact sheet" about WE8, and it looks like perfection can be improved upon. I traded in several old games tonight, partly to clean out my collection, and partly to fund this purchase for next week. Needless to say, when I get my grubby mitts (okay, the link is a bad pun, but she sure is purty, ain't she?) on this title, I'll be blowing the dust off of my Xbox controller for some "quality time."

No comments: