Saturday, January 22, 2005

The Battle of the Blogs

No, this isn't a "battle royale" between us internet-geek-wannabe-writers, it's an invitation to my fellow bloggers and webmasters that might want to enter a friendly fantasy baseball competition this spring. Most of us bloggers are our own editors, so we don't have anyone to dispute our rants. Therefore, it's easy to claim "superiority" regarding sports, games, or whatever the topic du jour. Well, I'm inviting all my fellow sports/gaming bloggers and webmasters to put their collective money where their mouth is, figuratively speaking of course. (In case any IRS agents are reading this, there will be NO changing of money involved. And, if you are from the IRS and reading this, get back to work!)

I'll set up a league in Yahoo. The rules are yet to be determined, but I want to keep it fairly simple. The league won't be restricted to just bloggers/webmasters, so anyone that regularly frequents one of those sites can "represent." My only request is that when you set up your team, you include the blog/website name or initials in your team name. For example, I might be the "GutBusters," or something of the like. Also, keep in mind we're not going to play for blood or money, just for bragging rights. There's no need to take this too seriously.

How about it Jason (SGN), Brent (FatB*stard on Games/SGN), Jonathan (CG), Ted (Granatofan's Corner), Adam (Sound of Simpson), Derek (Webdanzer's Spin), Todd (Scoop on Sports), any of the DSP crew, any of the Sportsgamer Blog crew, or any others that visit one of our humble web hangouts? Roll call! Post a comment if you're interested! I will also be posting this on some other boards, to get the word out. More details will follow...

5 comments:

Kevin said...

From the SGN board, I've heard from Jason and Brent, so I think they're in. Ted, from Granatofan's Corner, has also expressed interest in joining.

Kevin

Kevin said...

LOL, Dave, welcome to the league! And, I'm sure I'll be in a tight race for the bottome, LOL...

Kevin

Webdanzer said...

I'm gonna have to sit this one out, but I appreciate the invite. I'm already committed to a yahoo baseball league that my brother runs and I know I can't manage to be in a second one without my head asploding. ;)

Kevin said...

Sorry to hear that, Web! If you change your mind, let me know... I could set up a team for you, and have the computer draft it. It could be like your "bot" running the team, or something! :)

James, welcome to the club! I'll be checking your blog out, for sure. And, welcome to the League of inadequate managers, or whatever we end up calling it!

:)

Kevin

Kevin said...

Correction, Scoop... Brent AND me!!!

Welcome to the league!

Kevin