Monday, February 07, 2005

The Curse is Over! Or is it...

Those of you that read this blog regularly may recall that I predicted that the Eagles would win the SuperBowl, because I like them slightly less than I like the Patriots. Well, given the state of the world lately, with earthquakes, unstable volcanoes, tsunami's, ice storms, floods, and so on, the stability of certainties like my predictions based upon my propensity to root for the team that always ends up losing are no longer guaranteed. Or, it could be that when the Eagles got within 3, and my prediction fresh in mind, I started rooting for the Eagles at that point, to save my credibility, and subsequently, they lost. Maybe the curse isn't reversed! Or, maybe I'm trying to cover my butt!

Regardless, it was a good game. Congrats to the Patriots and Coach Belicheck. Yes, I'm still bitter, but time heals all wounds (it just doesn't cover up the scars, LOL).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Belicheck? That's a curse word in my house! He has left scars for sure, but you know what they say: Scars are souvenirs you never lose, the past is never far...

Kevin said...

LOL, then I imagine "Modell" is the "f" word in your house!