Thursday, February 10, 2005

Let It Die!

With all apologies to hockey fans, will the NHL and the NHLPA please just let the season die! Here in Blue Jackets' country, I'm sick of hearing every week that if a deal isn't done by the weekend, then the season is going to end. Absolutely, positively, for sure this time; we're not kidding, if there's no deal done, then we're going to make a drop dead date! And then if we don't get a deal, then our really super-duper for sure drop dead date will be next week. Aren't you paying attention to us?! We mean it this time!

I mean, come on, fellas, just put the season out of its misery. I firmly believe that the longer this drags out, the less people care. It's almost a running joke in the media now. These guys are embarrassing themselves. I feel sorry for hockey fans. All I can suggest is that the MLS starts in a few weeks, and what's soccer but hockey on grass?! ;-)

1 comment:

Kevin said...

Scoop, I had you in mind with my opening apology. I *know* there are some passionate hockey fans out there, and living through all of the baseball labor strife, I feel your pain. I've never been a hockey fan, so it doesn't affect me much personally. I'm just sick of Columbus pushing this thing, because according to the media around here, the Blue Jackets are Columbus' only MAJOR professional sports team. I do take offense to that, being a Crew fan!