Saturday, February 12, 2005

A Flash from the Past

While perusing Peter Gammon's latest column on baseball, I ran across a tidbit that brought back some memories: "Red Sox to give Petagine a Shot." Roberto Petagine - that's a name that brings back warm, fuzzy feelings while remembering my draft league in Front Page Sports Baseball '94. He was among the top prospects in the game, and often was among the first few players drafted (I was the only "human" owner in my draft league). I often wondered what happened to him. Evidently, he resurrected his career in Japan, and at the wiley age of 33, has earned the opportunity for another shot in the "Bigs." Although I'm certainly not a fan of the Red Sox, a small part of me wishes Roberto well, thanks to all of the fond memories his name generated from my FPS Baseball days (the glory days of PC baseball, in my humble opinion).

No comments: