Friday, February 18, 2005

Stuff

I heard on ESPN radio tonight that the NHL came back with one last offer to the NHLPA, for a $45 million dollar salary cap. Evidently, the players have agreed in principle, and the annoucement will be made tomorrow. Great; for hockey fans.

I thought they canceled the darn season on Wednesday! I guess athletes in general never tire of hearing their names in the headlines, regardless of the reason. What kind of season can they have - a round robin in their division? I admit having angst towards hockey, and I've grown from just being fatigued by the whole "lockout" ordeal to getting irritated by it. I'm to the point now where I hope hockey dissolves never to reappear on U.S. soil. Unfortunately, it looks like Baseball Tonight is going to resume its regular delay every night in June due to overtime playoff hockey. Yawn. (I apologize to hockey fans; I have nothing against you, and I hope the news makes you happy. I'm sure many non-baseball fans held similar sentiments in 1994.)

The "Battle of the Blogs" fantasy baseball league is up and running! We will have our draft next month. My "GutBusters" hope to make a splash in the inaugural season! Lots of owners claim to be new to this, so I'm hopeful I'll do well. However, they could just be sandbagging... I'll update the developments here throughout the season. I know you can't wait.

I'm also ready to kick off Granatofan's Winning Eleven 8 league. My game this weekend is against Real Madrid. Yikes! What a draw! However, I do have Manchester United, so I can hopefully hang around the pitch with the likes of Ronaldo, Zidane, and Beckham. I've been playing a little bit, and enjoying it very much. I'll have some specific opinions to post at some point, but overall, I'm very satisfied with WE8 for my Xbox...

No comments: