Friday, December 23, 2005

Who Says the Gamecube is for Kids?

While doing some last-minute shopping at Meijer this afternoon, I decided to browse through the video game section to see if there were any good, last-minute, deals. Unfortunately, nothing caught me eye, but that's beside the point. While working my way down along the glass cases, I approached a young man (I'd say in his early 20's) playing Mario Soccer on the Gamecube. As I scanned the shelves beside him, I actually heard him cursing at the game, commenting in regard to Mario not being the position he was supposed to be in (although, those weren't his exact words).

The Gamecube, a "kiddy" console? I guess not! I have to wonder about someone expecting Mario Soccer to be a realistic simulation of the sport, though. Hmm... How long before Man United signs Donkey Kong?

No comments: