Tuesday, December 20, 2005

FIFA Quirks

All is not perfect in FIFA land, as I've found a couple of things that bother me...

First of all, I haven't found a way to turn off the "auto switch" on defense. Many times I'll be controlling a player, working my way into position for a tackle, and the computer switches me to another player. Or, I'll use the "A" button to manually switch, and get someone trailing the play by several yards. This is another example of player control where WE is far superior to FIFA. It shouldn't be this hard to control my players when playing defense.

The second niggling thing for me are the camera options. I fell in love with the "End-to-End" camera in practice mode, getting comfortable facing the goal with the majority of the field in front of me. However, when playing my first game in career mode, I noticed that the orientation doesn't change, so for half the game, I see the majority of the field behind me, not in front of me. It's too darn hard to play offense that way. So, I had to switch to the "Sideline" camera, which forced me to change all of my stick movements by 90 degrees, and didn't show me as much of the field. Needless to say, it's time to go back to the practice for me. A positive of the "Sideline" camera is that the speed is better represented, but there is a bit of stuttering from time-to-time.

Again, I'm still happy with FIFA, but it frequently reminds me that it's not WE on the pitch.

No comments: