Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Merry Christmas!

I hope everyone had a happy holiday!

For those of you with primarily boys 8 and older, let me recommend a pretty cool game I picked up for my son for Christmas: Heroscape. The basic premise is that you actually build your own battlefield out of pre-cut hexagonal pieces, or create one based upon the maps included with the game, choose your armies from all kinds of "heroes" throughout history and fiction (Airborne troopers, Vikings, Samurai, mechs, etc.), and play against each other to accomplish the mission objective. Cards document the range, movement, attack, and defense of each "hero" type, and dice rolls determine the outcome. Pretty cool stuff! There are also expansion sets available. I can see my son and I playing this one on rainy days for many months to come. Why didn't they have cool games like this when I was a kid?! I digress...

I hope you got everything you wanted!

And, please allow me to wish you a Happy New Year!

No comments: