Thursday, December 15, 2005

The Return of the Cadavaliers

Here I was, excited about the Cavs this year, thinking they added enough spare parts to LeBron to legitimately compete. After starting pretty strong, they've now lost 5 out of 6, and 7 out of the last 10, including a 100-94 loss at home to the lowly Hawks! I'm now sitting through a 16-4 run by Denver to put them ahead 35-33, at Cleveland. I still think they need a legitimate PG and PF, as Snow has seen his best days in Philly, and Gooden just isn't tough enough. A guy like Artest would be a perfect fit for Cleveland's needs, but I don't want that clown here. I guess, in some weird way, I feel better "losing with integrity" than winning with jerks like Artest. It's a long season; we shall see what happens.

I haven't played much NCAA Hoops lately. With my wife just going back to work full-time (yeah!), Daddy has had some extra duties. I get a little break this weekend, so hopefully I can get in some games. I must also admit that I've been distracted by Baseball Mogul 2K6. I read Moneyball again last month, and I'm determined to "Billy Beane" my Tribe to a World Championship! And on the Manager level, I don't have much to work with, just like real life. I am approaching it a little differently, by watching every game, and monitoring the daily transaction wire, as opposed to "simming" weeks at a time. The game has some quirks, like the Reds releasing Shane Reynolds, who was making $316,000 at the time, and then re-signing him the next day for $2,000,000! No wonder the Reds suck! Seriously, though, I'm enjoying it as the best "GM Simulator" on the market. Good stuff.

No comments: