Monday, July 23, 2007

Things I don't Like

I'm enjoying NCAA Football 08, but as usual, there are some issues that keep it from being the best game ever, despite the subject matter...

In no particular order, here are the things I don't like about it:

I can't sub by formation, meaning I can't pick who plays on special teams (other than the kicker and returners), who plays the LB in the dime package, etc.

I have to re-enter my settings each time I play a game in my Dynasty. NCAA used to save them in the game file, now it's tied somewhere else, and I have to figure out where...

There are too many interceptions. I'm good, but not THAT good. Too many INT's, and INT's returned for a touchdown. I just adjusted the slider (I'm playing on All American level), so we'll see if that helps (and if I have to adjust it each time - grr!). I just beat Indiana, primarily because they had EIGHT turnovers!

The interface is inefficient. I hate having to start in the shrine, or at the "website." Let me get to the menus, darn it! Plus, the menus move s-l-o-w-l-y...

As I mentioned previously, where are the drills? I hate it when features disappear as the game moves from one generation of hardware to the next.

The stadiums are always full, regardless of your average attendance. In past versions, I enjoyed watching the Rubber Bowl fill up as my teams got better and better. Now, every game is like the battle for the Wagon Wheel. Give me something to work for!

Those are the biggies so far. I'll probably be back to gushing about the game in my next few posts, now that these issues are off my chest. There's a lot to like, but man, why can't EA put a whole game together?! I guess I could ask that question of most developers...

1 comment:

KAT said...

Love the title.

Here's a couple things I don't like: Having Microsfot VB Standard when I need VB Professional; General Admission seats only for concerts.

There are plenty of other things I don't like but these two happen to be the most important this week!