Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Building my Legend

More on Campus Legend mode...

Sadly, the drills are gone. However, when you "practice" in Legend mode, you get to run 10 plays. The coach calls the plays, and you play your position only. If you do something positive, you get points. In my case, as a RB, I get points for a first down, touchdown, big gain, catching a pass etc. If you get enough points, you can displace the guy ahead of you on the depth chart. I'm the starter now, so it's no big deal. I do practice every day, though, trying to master the controls.

After practice, you have an "evening" event. Often, you get to make a choice, and depending on the choice you make, you could augment your abilities, or get yourself in trouble. For example, on one occasion, I helped a buddy move, and then hurt my back! On another occasion, I turned down an offer to play hoops and stayed in to study, to the tune of +.01 to my GPA (uh, that wouldn't have happened in real life, LOL).

We're 2-0 to start the season. We beat a 1-AA team about 54-0, and I had over 200 yards rushing at about 10 yards per carry, and 4 TD's. I had one 86-yard run, and saved the highlight, but it was basically making one move and using my "99" speed to race to glory.

Just when I thought it might be too easy, we went to Eastern Carolina University. I assume that's a pretty intense regional rivalry, so I figured it might be a tougher game. It was raining, to boot. It was much harder sledding for me, as I only got about 77 yards on 26 carries. I did have 5 catches for over 50 yards, though, and a sweet 12 yard TD run through the trenches. I saved a highlight of that as well, since I carried about 3 guys on my back across the goal line! We won a hard-fought game 27-13. That was better; maybe Varsity isn't so easy - especially when I play the FSU's, NC State's, and Virginia's of the world. Time will tell.

I tried to upload my highlights, but I was unsuccessful. It seems that the server is having problems. I imagine they're getting bombarded with videos. I'll post it here if my highlights get uploaded.

I'm really enjoying this game. Bill Harris, of Dubious Quality, has some excellent commentary (no surprise) on his blog, and I highly recommend it.

I'm holding off on Dynasty mode, because I want to clear up some roster confusion first. I can't quite figure out who ALL of the players are on my team, and I'm a bit obsessive-compulsive about it. :-)

More to come...

No comments: