Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Review is Up

Honestly, I feel a little silly posting my trivial drivel compared to what Kellie's going through. Let me tell you, though, she is grace and dignity defined! She'll come through this and land like all of her pet cats - on her feet.

I'm proud of her for being able to share this tough experience in her life. I'm disappointed in my company for the way things have gone down, but I'm proud of the managers that have done all they can for her. That's the paradox of my company; we're very successful in spite of ourselves sometimes, because there are enough good people that care in enough places to make a difference. I imagine it's that way throughout corporate America. And, although this is little consolation to someone in Kellie's position, at least they didn't "pink slip" them on a Friday. Everyone I've ever known in this situation at my company has had at least 6 months to find another path. I believe everything happens for a reason, though, and that there's a silver lining for all of the Kellie's out there somewhere...

Anyway, back to my insignificant world... My Pirates review has been posted at Gameshark. It's really a good game for aficionados of the Pirates franchise, and a solid choice for those not too familiar with it. NASCAR 08 is next in the queue to review for me. I did pick up Call of Juarez tonight with some birthday money, and pre-ordered my all-time favorite game/series - NCAA Football 08. Only two more weeks until I command my beloved Akron Zips to a MAC championship... on "easy" level, at least!

I'll have a lot to say about NCAA Football when it comes out. I always get my money's worth out of that game - playing several seasons plus a "Race for the Heisman" game or two...

3 comments:

KAT said...

Thanks Kevin. It was actually the SM's that went to bat for me (the one SM that you and I both worked with, in particular - as in more than once, stepped up for me! I have no words to describe that feeling.)

Tech School has been quite challenging. Today was good though. One day at a time, right?

I'm off to read your review.

KAT said...

Hey Grasshopper (as Keith has called you), I may have found a new path. I'm waiting for the job offer to come via regular mail. It's been awhile but, is it normal for them to NOT discuss salary and vacation but to include it in the offer they mail you? I'm so far removed from this process that I have no idea if this is common or as odd as I feel it is. Anyway, that's where I'm at today.

Kevin said...

That's probably the least of what Keith's called me at one time or another... :-) j/k

At our company, we generally send out the offer including salary info, and wait for a response. If you don't get a number you like, there's no problem ASKING for a different number. At least, there shouldn't be... We sometimes change the number here if asked, based upon experience and interview/performance.

Good luck! Who knows, the numbers may be BIGGER than you expected! Seriously, I have a mantra of trying not to worry about things until I have a reason to worry. Ending the speculation on my part often reduces the stress. Don't sweat it until you see the number; you can't do anything about it until then, anyway.