Thursday, August 02, 2007

Slider Guru

No, I'm not talking about "Slider," the mascot of the Cleveland Indians. Although, it is his 17th birthday today. Allow me to digress to a true story...

Seventeen years ago today, I was home after my freshman year of college working at the local YMCA. A friend of mine from high school (who was a year older than me), also worked there. His dad was my history teacher in high school, and I was good friends with the family. On a day off, my friend, his dad, and I decided to attend a scheduled double-header in Cleveland Municipal Stadium against the Yankees. They were both serious Yankees fans, while I supported my Tribe. As usual in those days, the Yankees destroyed the Tribe in game one. Seeking consolation, I leaned over to my friend and remarked that we at least didn't have one of those stupid mascots. In between games one and two, lo and behold, the Indians introduced Slider to the home town faithful. Yep, this is what it's like to be a fan of Cleveland sports...

Back to the topic. My editor and friend Bill Abner is as much or more of a fan of EA's NCAA Football games series as I am. He's also an OSU alum, which makes him cool. Anyway, I've been patiently on hold in my Dynasty waiting for him to come up with the "perfect" set of game play sliders to fix the doggone interception problem. It appears he has! I'm looking forward to starting my Dynasty up again, now that I just submitted my Hot Shots Tennis review. I've never played on Heisman level regularly, so I imagine that will suck. But hey, I'm used to it, look at how my Indians are doing now.

No comments: