Sunday, August 12, 2007

Punch to the Gut

Ugh. What a horrible sports weekend...

My two favorite soccer clubs, the Columbus Crew and Fulham Football Club (in the English Premiership) both blew games that they controlled for about three-fourths of the match. Fulham's just kicking off their season, and there were plenty of positives, so maybe there's something to build on. The Crew, on the other hand, are in a battle for their playoff lives. They blew a 2-1 lead in the last 15 minutes, despite being up a man! Makes me want to puke...

And, to top it off, the crummy Indians just got swept by the Yankee$. I can take it anymore! Why do I watch sports? Nothing good ever comes of it, and I just get upset.

At least the Browns won. Oh yeah, it was pre-season, and they didn't score an offensive touchdown (neither did KC, by the way). At least Charlie Frye (an Akron grad, like me) was 12-15 for over 120 yards. That's mitigated by the two freshman-in-high-school mistakes he made by throwing a dreadful lateral that was returned for a TD by KC and getting tackled at the 3 yard line to run out the clock at the end of the first half.

I guess I should become a USC fan. They seem like a lock to win the National Championship this year. Of course, if I do, they're guaranteed to blow it.

This sucks.

No comments: