Thursday, August 30, 2007

My Quick Update Too!

Wow. It's been awhile. Even Kevin thinks I'm MIA.

I've been catching up with friends and family this week before I start my new job on a full time basis. I've been going in once a week just to get acclimated. The other day, I was asked to submit the hours I've work thus far. I asked if I could just take "comp" time (since their vacation policy sucks) and was told, "you're getting both." This left me speechless. I finally muttered "thank you" and believe me, it was more than sincere. There was shock in that muttering as well. So far so good. I'm actually excited to start full time. My office is pretty sweet, has a large window overlooking trees, and everyone has been very nice. I advised my boss that I'd need to leave early or come in late a couple days in the next few months, as I've got these certification exams going on. He said, 'You're salary. Don't worry about it.'

Last Monday, I was scheduled to take my first of three Microsoft exams. I am a horrible test taker. I've always done pretty well with essay questions but that's not what these exams are about. Anyway, I passes exam 70-306 and am now an MCP - Microsoft Certified Professional. I'm on my way slowly but surely. One test down, two to go...

I'm meeting some friends for lunch today, gathering with my old co-workers at the Blue Moose tomorrow night, hitting Crocker Park with another friend on Saturday (and the Cheesecake Factory), and looking forward to the nice, long holiday weekend.

No comments: