Wednesday, August 08, 2007

The Waiting Game

The posts have been a little less frequent. Not coincidentally, my son's travel soccer practice has kicked off, eating up some precious "Kevin time" most evenings.


A quick update on the video gaming front… I submitted my Hot Shots Tennis review last week, and I'm still waiting on it to get posted. It should happen this week. Believe it or not, niche PS2 games aren't the highest of priorities at Gameshark! NASCAR 08 has been "in the mail" since last week. I'm not sure what the hold up is, but I'm chomping at the bit to get at that game. Long live Ricky Bobby!


On the sports front, I'm anxiously watching both my Indians and my Crew limp along with playoff hopes. They are both teetering on the brink, but fortunately, neither are out of contention. Brady Quinn finally signed for the Browns. Yawn. Goodbye next year's number one pick, hello Heath Schuler part two. I don't think the Browns will ever climb the mountain.


College football is inching closer and closer! I think the Buckeyes will surprise this year, due to a relatively favorable schedule, and the fact that "Tressel Ball" seems to work better when the coach has a group made up of primarily over-achievers. We're back to the punt being "the most important play in football." Hey, I won't complain, as long as he keeps getting those W's and beating those pukes up north. Although, it looks like scUM will get a measure of revenge this year, with the loaded team they have returning.


The Zips have a lot of holes to fill, but anything can happen in the MAC. Plus, they weren't that great with the hole-fillers that were on the roster last year, so I guess I'll remain optimistic. Unless, however, they lose to Army, after which I will never root for them again… at least until the next game. I mean, really, what should I expect? Success? I'm an Ohio sports fan, for crying out loud!

No comments: