Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Intial Reaction

Well, what can I say? Hopefully something occasionally relevant, humorous, or insightful. Most likely, I often won't meet that expectation, so let me apologize in advance…

Please allow me to introduce myself. I am Kevin Mosley, formerly of Baseball Sim Central, where I got my first crack at providing internet content for free (and believe me, they got their money's worth), and also of the now-defunct Calvert Games website. CG is still up and running in blog-form, and Jonathan is still putting out the quality content; just of the low-fat variety. Actually, over at Calvert Games, we kind of prided ourselves on fattening up on the details. Review work like that is actually more like a term paper than a video game piece, so it can be fatiguing at times, especially when balanced with "real" life. After a four-month hiatus from the 'net, and semi-recharged batteries, I decided I'd throw my hat back into the ring, mainly because I enjoy writing. The blog format is my new voice, because frankly, I don't have the time or the resources to create and manage a website.

Other semi-relevant details include my allegiance to my beloved Akron Zips, Ohio State Buckeyes, Cleveland Browns/Cavs/Indians, and the Columbus Crew. Yes, I am a "homer," and I will probably rant on with a local flavor at times. I'm happily married (although I can't speak from my wife's perspective), with two wonderful kids that are someday going to be huge successes in their respective endeavors of choice (don't all gushing parents feel that way?). I work in the insurance industry (exciting, eh?), in the training/technical side of the business. Most importantly - to me, anyway - I’m a Christian, and I try to define my life by that standard (and subsequently fall woefully short of the mark).

My focus will be on sports, gaming, parenting, the latest headlines, or whatever else strikes my fancy. Unlike some of my previous work, there won't be much research involved in my entries. What you see is what you'll get at face value - my initial response to whatever stimuli that has driven me to make an entry. Hence, the name of my blog - "Gut Reaction." Of course, if you saw a picture of me lately, you might think that name is appropriate for other reasons… For now, I'll spare you the visuals.

I truly hope you stop by now and again and share your thoughts. The internet is just another means of interaction, one of our most basic needs as humans. I've enjoyed many blogs and message boards, like The Sound of Simpson, Granatofan's Corner, Webdanzer's Spin, Dubious Quality, and the Blog for the Sports Gamer, and I hope my tiny corner of the internet can be some type of positive contribution as well...



8 comments:

jcalvert said...

Kevin - welcome back! Glad to see you are back in the saddle again!

Kevin said...

Thanks, Jonathan! I think this will be a fun ride for a while...

Happy New Year!

Kevin

Kevin said...

...by the way, do you like the color scheme!? I did that in homage to CG...

:-)

Kevin said...

Thanks, Jason and Scoop.

Scoop - now hold on a minute - I'm seem to remember a pretty successful Bulls franchise in the 90's, and a Superbowl champ in the mid-80's! We Clevelander's have no such victories to hang our hats on! I'll give you the Cubs over the Indians, though, but barely. I guess I can be happy that OSU won the national title for the 2002 season. At least it's something... :)

Kevin

Adam Simpson said...

You cracked at last then, Kevin? Since you're my Internet groupie it's only fair that I offer my services...

Looking forward to reading your thoughts again mate, have fun.

Cheers,
Adam

Kevin said...

Adam, you know me... I can't keep my proverbial mouth shut for long! I just HAD to have an outlet, LOL...

jcalvert said...

"...by the way, do you like the color scheme!? I did that in homage to CG..."

Kevin - I love the colors. That was actually one of the first things I noticed. Too cool!

BTW, I am having a great time reading all your new stuff. Keep up the good work!

Kevin said...

Thanks, JC. I'm really enojoying blogging! It's so much "easier" than reviews and such - worry about if I missed any detail, or any big error, etc. It's just freeform writing fun!

Kevin