Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Busy Week...

In addition to getting acclimated to my new job, and cleaning up after a wonderful Christmas, I've had a lot on my plate. Just this week, I embarked upon my boxing career, defeated Darth Vader's evil minions on Naboo, played my first two matches as the player/manager for the Columbus Crew, led my basketball Zips in a scrimmage against Ohio State, pursued the outlaws that killed my father (and collected some bounties in the process), and assembled a MLB expansion team for the city of Columbus (and managed them to a 9-8 record thus far!). No doubt, I had a very good Christmas...

However, I'm most excited about the message I received yesterday from my friends that drive the big brown trucks: "Item shipped notice." My next career move will be to manage a forlorn English football team to greatness (Hartlepool United, maybe?), or get sacked in the process!

Aren't video games great?!

By the way, my "item" is Worldwide Soccer Manager 2005. Normally, I'm not much of a PC gamer, because I got sick of downloading patches and drivers, and tweaking settings, just to get a game to run as smoothly as a strobe light on my then 6-month old PC. This was probably around 1999, when I decide to get a PSX. Since then, I've played almost exclusively on the PSX, Xbox, and the PS2. I know that I've missed out on a lot of good gaming by pretty much playing on consoles only, but I couldn't take the headaches anymore! However, we just picked up a new PC in October, and I'm hopeful that I can get WWSM 2005 to run without much hassle. I downloaded the demo this past weekend, but got an error when I tried to install it. I hope that's not a harbinger of things to come…


2 comments:

Adam Simpson said...

Dave's advice is sound as always, BUT...go on, take the Pools job. Go on, you devil.

Kevin said...

Dave - thanks for the tip! I already saw the patch out there... I'm kind of glad I waited before ordering this. Hopefully, most of the game-killing bugs will have been squashed.

Adam - Somebody's got to bring Hartlepool to the Premiership, don't they? Might as well be me! I've got my eye on a young American striker for about year 2014... :-)

Jason - thanks, I appreciate that! I intend on being a regular at your place, as well. For a while there, I avoided gaming sites altogether, and just hung out at DSP and some other blogs. After poking around your fine site, I've decided to make it a daily stop as well!

Kevin