Sunday, June 03, 2007

Win Some, Lose Some

I'm still basking in the euphoria of the Cav's win last night. It's the first time they've ever been to the NBA Finals. I sure hope that they don't get "satisfied" with that accomplishment now. In any event, I'll be watching, regardless of the outcome. I'm proud to be a Cav's fan for the first time since Mark Price was running the show!

The Crew, on the other hand, are seemingly sinking to new depths. Only 1 win in 9 tries - inexcusable, especially with Sigi in his second year and the influx of "world class" talent, like Schelotto and Moreno. New coach, new players, same sucking. It's hard to like this hapless squad. O'Rourke's giveaway, which led to a 90 yard breakaway goal by Barrett with the Fire down a man, was something I'd expect to see from one of the teams I coach (U8 and U10). Plus, about 7 minutes later, O'Rourke gets his second yellow and gets sent off. Way to put the mistake behind you and work for the win, O'Rourke; or should I say "O'Suck." At least I won't have to watch him the next time out, since he'll be suspended for the red card. I won't be watching anyway; I'll be on vacation on the beach!

Maybe they'll turn it around when I turn them off. My rooting for teams never seems to help them. Or, since I'll take control of them playing World Wide Soccer Manager while I'm on vacation, maybe I can make a positive difference. At least I look better than Sigi... barely.

On a positive note, my son made the travel soccer team (U11) with a new club - the Pride Soccer Club. I won't get into why we switched, but I leave it at this: it was time for a change from Flash. It was partly our fault, partly Flash's fault. I guess you live and learn. We're excited for the new chapter in his soccer "career," though. He came in as the odd man out, and off of training for about 8 months, but was good enough to make the squad. He has some talent, some athletic ability, and a great work ethic and attitude. He may never be the "star," but coaches love his attitude and work eithic, and his willingness to do whatever it takes to help out. He's a true team player. Needless to say, we're proud of him...

The Indians have lost two in a row now, also. Maybe it's my punishment for the Cavs winning. Oh well, my Ohio teams just can't seem to stand success!

No comments: