Sunday, June 17, 2007

Guilty Pleasures Part II

So what exactly is a guilty pleasure?

Most define it as something that is bad for you that makes you feel good? One person, in their blog, described it as “something that would ruin us if our friends knew about it.” Not my friends. I’m just blessed that way. They know who I am and love me anyway.

I decided I was treading into some dangerous territory here so I asked my friends for some help. In turn, they asked some of their friends, family, co-workers, etc. Here are the responses to the simple question, what’s your guilty pleasure?

Making a really good Mojito and taking the time to sit down and enjoy it (recipe can be found at: http://www.bacardimojito.com/home/default.aspx)

Watching Survivor (everybody makes fun of me for this one)

Calling in sick on a rainy day and making my friend do the same! Then we just hang out all day

Looking at Johnny Depp in the Pirate movies... why do I think he looks so good when he is missing teeth and is so dirty???

Buying a beautiful piece of artwork, or flowers for myself which I do quite often...and I really don't feel guilty about it... okay, scratch that one...


Doing something or nothing JUST FOR ME!
(This was a popular one!)

One thing I love to get is an expensive hair product from the salon, which I know, is overpriced. I usually take the sticker off so no one knows how much I paid

Pizza rolls (yes, they have trans fat)

I bought little Ben and Jerry ice cream pints and hid them in the back of the freezer in the garage so no one will see them

In addition to your blog...expensive nail polish ($7.50 a bottle!), Skittles, and the show "Project Runway" :) By the way, I know you already have Zappos as a guilty pleasure, but I would have to add “shopping Zappos while on a conference call”!
(I also found this was done using the laptop issued by work – even more naughty and guilty!!!)

Ann LaMott books

Letting this keyboard act like a puppet and dance around spewing my inner most thoughts and beliefs

BB, CC and GGD
(That’s Bad Boys, Counting Crows and Goo Goo Dolls)

Peanut Buster Parfaits

La Crema Pinot Noir

Biker Boots (with no socks!)

Watching the mighty fall

Singing in my car (when it’s dark outside and no one can see me!)

Black nail polish

My $80.00 Editor pants, 7 For All Mankind jeans (on sale), and zebra skirt

Boot shopping

Video Poker

Victoria’s Secret

My free Vista upgrade

The Regal Beagle

Phone calls from my ex

Sawyer from the show “Lost” (Yummo!)

Pink! (The singer, not the color)

Joining a band’s fan club

Crosses

And finally…

Telling myself that false hope is better than no hope at all because, once you lose hope, you lose everything

Thanks to everyone for their contributions! Enjoy your week.










No comments: