Friday, May 11, 2007

Taking the Plunge

Well, I made my purchase. I don't actually have most of the goods yet, though, because I ordered a bundle online at Walmart. No stores around here had one in stock, nor would they let me pay for one now and get it when it comes in. I found that interesting, since I planned on dropping around a grand for everything.

Originally, I wanted to buy it from EB Games, thinking they would have a better warranty. Well, I was wrong on that. Microsoft provides a one year guarantee for the hardware. For $50, EB Games would replace that warranty with theirs, so I didn't have to "deal" with MS if there were any problems. Uh, no thanks. I don't need to pay $50 to have EB Games send it to MS for me! What a ripoff... I did get a 3-year extended warranty from Walmart for less than $50. Granted, it probably will be a hassle, but at least I've got some kind of protection.

Here's what I got in my bundle, plus some other purchases that I made at EB Games (I traded some stuff in for store credit):

  • Xbox 360 Elite Console
  • Extra black wireless controller and charge-n-play
  • 3-month Xbox Live Gold card
  • Carrying case
  • 3 year warranty
  • Wireless Ethernet adapter
  • MLB 2K7
  • NBA Street Homecourt
  • Import Tuner Challenge
  • Road to the World Cup 06
  • World Cup 06
  • Fuzion Frenzy 2

I should have the console by the middle of next week! It's already leading to more work at Gameshark. I've been assigned the new Pirates of the Caribbean game (released later this month), and I may be doing a review of Import Tuner Challenge. Plus, I'm in line for Sierra Online's Freestyle Basketball game for the PC. All of the sudden, I might be getting busy. Best of all, I'm checking to see if I can deduct my big purchase, since it's technically used for "work!" That would be a big plus!

No comments: