Wednesday, April 11, 2007

"I'm down wit OOTP, ya you know me!"

I apologize for the bad pun related to bad early 1990's music, but I couldn't resist…

Out of the Park Baseball 2007 is my next assignment at Gameshark, and I'm pumped! I've owned a few iterations of the series, and I even reviewed the retail version of the game from a few years ago, called "Season Ticket Baseball," for Calvert Games. I'm also in my second year of an online OOTP league. This is going to be a fun and challenging review. Sports Interactive is known for Football Manager, which is an incredibly deep soccer simulation, and OOTP fits the same mold for baseball. You really can create your own world in these games. Heck, the manual for OOTP is over 500 pages long! I've got a lot of reading to do on the crapper…

In other related Gameshark news, I'll now be working under Bill Abner (see my link to the Sports Gamer Blog on the right side of the page). I've followed Bill's work as a reviewer for a few years, and I'm excited to learn under his tutelage. He and I have similar tastes, and I've always appreciate the effort he put into analyzing sports games. Plus, he's a Buckeye, so he can't be all bad!

3 comments:

Kellie said...

Congrats on the new assignment and all the new reading material. BTW, I dig Naughty by Nature! (Yes, you told everyone how different we were.) I'll have to update my profile with them so thanks, and HIP HOP HOORAY to you for the reminder.

Welcome back!

Kevin said...

In 1991, when I was in college, that song might have been a guilty pleasure of mine... :-)

Kevin

Anonymous said...

Guilty pleasures is my next blog...lol...I'm reviewing a re-release of an old, old, old record...stay tuned...
Kellie