Sunday, March 25, 2007

PhD in Bracketology

I've been filling out brackets for the NCAA tournament since, well, since there were only 40 teams invited! In all those years, I don't think I've ever won a thing. The sad thing is, during my formative years, I was an ardent fan of college basketball, and familiar with most of the teams in the tournament, yet I couldn't prognosticate worth crap.

I don't watch as much basketball anymore, and I'm mostly familiar with my Buckeyes, Zips, and their respective conferences. But, luck was with me this year, or something. I actually have the entire Final Four correct! Never before have I done that. I realize I still probably need at least two more games to go my way, but I'm probably in the best position bracket-wise I've ever been in.

That said, rarely do things go my way. Bet against the Buckeyes, because I'm sure they'll lose against G'town, and UCLA will probably upset Florida. Such is the life of a Cleveland/Ohio State fan...

No comments: