Sunday, January 01, 2006

Somebody Wants Maurice Clarett

No, it's not the NFL, nor the CFL, nor NFL Europe. He's wanted right here in Columbus... by the Columbus Police Department, that is! Evidently, he must've made some New Year's Resolution! I heard on the radio this morning that he is wanted in connection with an armed robbery that took place around 2:00 AM in an alley behind the Opium Lounge. (Hmm, I wonder what goes on there?!) The report is that he allegedly flashed a handgun and forced two others to give up some of their personal property to him, and then fled in a white SUV.

It's a good thing he had a get-away vehicle, because after his trip to the NFL combine, I don't think he would've made it on foot!

By the way, I hope the rest of you have a better 2006 than the one that's shaping up for Mr. Clarret...

2 comments:

Adam Simpson said...

The whole thing didn't exactly read like a Mastermind entry to start off with, but fleeing in a white SUV? I know you never pick a Ferrari as your getaway vehicle but I'd notice a white SUV tearing past me...

As for our boy JuicyFruiter - I'd came over to mention that I've only just remembered how to delete the comments, but the comments section on the Slow Mo link is spammers gold so instead I'll say how appropriate I found that :-)

Cheers,
Adam

Kevin said...

Hey - at least the spammers add to my hit count! The more the merrier!

:-)

Kevin