Saturday, June 28, 2008

Good Graces

At my former gig, I was ingrained in the midst of some very astute, forward-thinking individuals. We worked "beyond well" together.

It was wonderful.

I was untouchable.

I loved it.

I was finally getting those ever-elusive dangling carrots – AKA bonuses!

I was told to ride this ‘wave’ for as long as I could.

That was the plan.

It was short-lived.

Fast forward to my current gig. I received a thank you card and check from them.

A BONUS check.

Correction – a SWEET BONUS CHECK for my "hard word and dedication throughout the year." Funny, I haven't even been there a year yet.

Impressive.

It took some mystery solving skills to figure out the “WHO” (as in “WHO” said to give me the bonus, and yes, I should be more concerned with they “WHY”), but I think it is safe to say, I’m in good graces once again…

And this time…

I plan to stay there.

Whatever it takes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Faith is believing that one of two things will happen,
That there will be something solid for you to stand on
Or
That you will be taught to fly.”

~Unknown

No comments: