Tuesday, February 19, 2008

You Can't Count On Me

If you think you need to go
If you wanted to be free
There’s just one thing you need to know
And that’s that
You can’t count on me

Like every other CC fan, I am counting down to Counting Crows. The big day is March 25th. The first song they’ve released is You Can’t Count on Me. Give it a listen. CC rocks and Adam sizzles. My friend Steve summed it up perfectly (likening it to his attraction to Alicia Keyes) – you’re attracted for all the right reasons and all the wrong ones too.

I’ve already heard 5 of the songs from SNASM, and can tell you my favorite – it’s called Insignificant. I want to jump on stage in my stilettos and sing with Adam in his bare feet! This is my new Angels of the Silences (the original version) - the song that allows me to yell and sing, and exercise all those nasty demons that occasionally reside inside me. Something about both these songs gives me new energy and strength and, oddly enough, clarity.

I will more than likely “pre-order” Counting Crows new CD entitled Saturday Nights and Sunday Mornings(SNASM). I truly miss the days of walking into Tommy Edward’s Record Heaven and sorting through the bins to find my treasure! Or talking to one of the storeowners and having them play a 45 for me, to make sure it didn’t skip before I purchased it. I miss seeing album covers plaster the walls of the store. I miss searching for my 45 and the feeling that welled inside of me of pure bliss when I found it and held it my hands – it was magical. I couldn’t wait to get home – I was practically crawling out of my skin to give it a listen – and then, I’d play my favorite song over and over and over and over – until my parents begged me to stop or put on my headphones. I’d listen to it as loud as I could - until the vibrations knocked off any poor knickknack that I carelessly placed upon my speakers. This time, however I will be just as ecstatic to open the brown Amazon box and take out my CC treasure.

I find, for me, that it is rare I listen to a CD it its entirety. I usually end up skipping a few songs or fast forwarding – basically moving about and getting to my favorites. Not so with the CC boys – it’ll be a guilty pleasure to actually listen to a CD all the way through – and I’ll read the liner notes too!

As it turns out, this is going to be quite a challenging week for me. There is an event coming up at work (aka my new gig) that I have been put in charge of. Basically its success or failure will lead to me. There are a myriad of people counting on me and, every time they tell me that, like it’s supposed to mean something to me, I smile...because secretly I’m thinking their fools, and they need to know what Adam knows -

And that's that
You can’t count on me

3 comments:

Kevin said...

You'll blow them away once again!

Kevin

KAT said...

Thanks. I might. The vendor who I was FORCED(no exaggeration) to use did not come through...should be interesting...

Kevin said...

You Can't Count on Them, LOL!

Kevin