Monday, October 29, 2007

Glamorous Life

Reviewing video games for pay isn't always as glamorous as it seems. Recently, I was stuck with reviewing NBA 08 The Life v3 for the PS2. The review is here. Trust me, it's no fun trudging through trash like that, even if I got the game for free and a small check for doing it. Next up is Thrillville: Off the Rails. The kids and I both had fun with the original Thrillville for the Xbox, so I'm looking forward to this one.

America's Army should be coming in November, and I'm also in the throws of getting my butt kicked in the Diamond Mind Online baseball league. I'm having fun, though...

The boys had a tough soccer tournament this weekend. Since we won our division, we had to play up a division in the tournament. The boys were bigger, faster, and more skillful than teams in our league, but we competed well. Unfortunately, we didn't win any (we tied one 4-4, and lost the others 3-1 and 3-2, respectively), but the boys showed they belonged. We outplayed all three teams, but just couldn't finish (except for the first game, where they lobbed in a goal with 3 seconds left to tie it). Oh well, it was a great year, and we should be moving up a division next season. The best part is that the boys really do like each other and get along, and they play as a team. There are no "superstars" out there; everyone contributes to the cause.

We get a little break through Thanksgiving, and then Darrin starts Upward basketball, followed by indoor soccer in January. I wouldn't know what to do with myself if I wasn't running the kids everywhere! I love every minute of it, though...

No comments: