Friday, May 19, 2006

Progress

Well, in my spare time this week, I've been using FrontPage 2000 to work up a prototype for my website. It's going pretty well. The website won't be a work of art, or cutting edge internet technology, but it should suffice as space for my content. And, we all know, content is king! Over time, I fully expect my site to grow commensurate with my improvement in skills.

I haven't heard back from the MLS in regard to using their name and trademarks/copyrights on my site. I might have to give them a call to get an answer. In the interim, I fully plan on progressing by keeping the site name and team/player references generic, meaning no use of official logos, pictures, etc. This shouldn't hold back my project.

I've been trying to come up with a solid name for the website, both with and without MLS support. Right now, I've settled on "soccerscribe.com," and the domain is available. I'm no marketer, though, so I'm up for any suggestions. Let me know if you have any! I'm also interested in any recommendations for a host that you may have...

Hopefully, I'll get some content up this weekend, after the next round of MLS matches. I'm thinking I'll post 2-3 articles a week at minimum during the season, with one regular entry entitled "Did you see that?", that comments on the major goings-on in the current week's games. I have a few other items up my sleeve as well!

2 comments:

Kevin said...

Thanks for the tips! I really appreciate it!

Kevin

jcalvert said...

When are you going to give a few of us (hint, hint) a preview of the new site?