Sunday, July 20, 2008

The Riders, The Witch and The Wardrobe

I had the pleasure of hanging out with Hennessey and company one night.

I heard the roar of the bikes and met some of their riders. I learned a few things about friendship, brotherhood, history, freedom, and rider names.

We also met a very nice witch - a practicer of Wicca. She would give Glenda a run for her money.

I’m grateful to have “Henny” as my friend and feel completely honored that he asked me to be part of his inner circle and safe haven. The Inner Sanctum if you will.

It’s always good to escape reality whenever possible. But when an event occurs that enables you to do just that, the first question that comes to mind is, what’s a girl to wear? My posse and I came dressed in black tops – of course – because that’s always a safe bet. My Harley Davidson wedge sandals were obviously the right choice.

The way one dresses reflects much about them – not just their personal style, or lack thereof, but also, like riding, their sense of freedom. Some of us are obviously “free-er” than others. The idea of ‘less is more’ was not lost here tonight however, we were cool and classy and that wasn’t lost either.

So there we were with a crowd of ‘bad boys’ (and girls) that ended up being a bunch of good guys (and girls). And we were invited back. I was also given the honor of open invitation to the clubhouse, though I don’t have a clue where it is.

That might be a good thing.

I am definitely looking forward to my next adventure.

Aren’t you?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you are welcome back anytime you wish. thank you for the wonderful story, you spoke of us well and you are our friend.

"henny"