Monday, November 28, 2005

Back in the Saddle...

Well, soccer season has passed, hence my desire to dabble back into doing a little writing. I'm posting at the "gut" again, because I just don't feel good about joining up at Calvert Games, and then disappearing, only to reappear again. I'll save everyone the fanfare and just blog here for the time being. I'm sure you don't want to hear about it, but hey, this is for me, not for you!

Also, once again, I'm toying with the idea of operating a full-fledged website. I enjoy the prospect of creating a more complete presence on the web, but I worry about not contributing anything positive to the internet community - at least on a consistent basis. That might change early next year, though, as I'm about 99% sure I'll give up the soccer gig after this Spring. My wife is pretty much gainfully employed as a school teacher (she's substituting now, but the prospects for full timer for her look very good - yeah!), so the need for me to work two jobs is waning, after EIGHT LONG YEARS OF THIS CRAP!

I'm currently researching potential URL's for my website. I want to cover primarily sports, video games, and parenthood, with a little current events and opinion thrown in. If you have any suggestions, I'd like to hear them. I've also been reviewing some of the old Calvert Games material we put together, and I really miss the thesis-like reviews we used to do. No doubt that was our calling card in the gaming community. I might broach that again, especially if I get an Xbox 360 early next year, depending on how generous my tax return is!

We just celebrated my son's 9th birthday this weekend. I'll spare you the details, but we did catch a couple of "family" movies. Chicken Little was very good, and appropriate for all ages. It has a cute story, it's well-paced, and it will keep your interest throughout. If I were a critic, I'd say 3.25 stars out of 4. We also saw Zathura, and I didn't like it nearly as much. The language is pretty rough for the younger kids (under 10 or so), and the movie trudges along throughout. For me, maybe 2.25 stars out of 4. Not bad, but not in the class of Chicken Little. The boardgame is pretty good for the family, though!

Well, that's enough miscellaneous thoughts for now. Hopefully, I'll post more often than every six months!

2 comments:

Adam Simpson said...

cough guest columnist cough :-)

Good to have you back, mate.

Kevin said...

If I EVER do some sort of website, you are REQUIRED to be on staff. No exceptions. No alternatives.

:-)