Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Good Friends, Good Wine, Good Times

We finally picked our day and were going to hang out together. Since we no longer work for the same company, we hardly ever see each other these days. Distance, and life in general tend to get in the way.

But one is never to busy for a good friend, and so you set the date, and work out the details, no matter how miniscule or magnitudinal, that might possibly get in the way.

Then you simply sit back and look forward to it.

And when you arrive at your destination, ready to go, greeted warmly and so happy to see each other…you are asked only one simple but serious question:

“Is it too early for wine?”

“NEVER”, I replied.

And there we were, 9:30 in the morning – two friends…one at the helm of the dreaded work laptop, finishing an e-mail that was a “must,” and one perusing her iPhone for messages. I cut my friend the slack needed to finish that dreaded work e-mail so we could hang out. Thankfully my friend cuts me slack right back. After all, we were both technically “working from home” that day. Shhhhhhhhhhhhh! Don’t tell anyone.

After wine, homemade pizza, crazy conversations, carrots and hummus, and more wine, we headed out to
Standing Rock Art Gallery. A quaint little abode with something to catch your eye and make you think twice before leaving empty handed.

Next stop,
Don Drumms. I’ve never left there without a trinket or two, and I’m quite sure I never will. We in no way tire of this gallery! So much to look at – every nook of these buildings, inside and out, are filled with treasures to behold and bewilder!

All this gallery hopping can leave one hungry and…. thirsty! So off to
CRAVE for some delectable food and more wine along with interesting conversation! (“Where are my keys?” asked my friend. “ You left them with the valet,” I replied.)

FUN TIMES!

And before I knew it, the day I looked so forward to was rapidly winding down and coming to an end. It’s true, “time flies when you’re having fun.”

And it was decided:

We need to plan our next adventure...soon!

Very, very soon!!

Thanks T!

____________________________________________

So no one told you life was going to be this way.

Your job's a joke, you're broke, your love life's DOA.

It's like you're always stuck in second gear,

Well, it hasn't been your day, your week, your month, or even your year.

But, I'll be there for you, when the rain starts to pour.

I'll be there for you, like I've been there before.

I'll be there for you, cause you're there for me too

~ I’ll Be There For You (Theme From FRIENDS)
by The Rembrandts

No comments: