Sunday, April 05, 2009

Hennessy, Harley and Me

I’ve had this gift certificate to a particular Harley Davidson store burning a hole in my pocket for some time now. I just never seem to get there. It’s not a place I’m particularly comfortable walking into by myself, unlike say, Black House White Market or Neiman Marcus.

So I called upon my good friend Hennessy to hang with me in a place he would be comfortable, and therefore I would be too. There’s something about walking into a Harley Store – the smell of leather, the sheen of chrome, the bikes lined up inside and out, the camaraderie and welcoming that ensues the minute you walk in the door. (And it was customer appreciate day – free soup!)

So, donned in my “camos” (camouflage jeans) and Hennessy in his colors (more green), I looked at the clothes, while he talked to EVERYONE. Most of them knew him anyway. He’s a very friendly soul and will strike up a conversation no matter where he lands. Always the interesting conversationalist with tales to tell and new adventures to unravel. I continued to shop. I had a mission afterall. He had a social engagement.

I ended up with a very cool t-shirt that gives the impression of full-sleeve skull tatts.
I swore I would not end up with another leather jacket – I have too many now!

And there it was.

On the sale rack - if you can believe that.

A suede (not leather) Harley Davidson jacket that screamed “Take Me, I’m Yours.” The price was just right. So was the size. Thanks to Ohio weather, I’ve worn it twice already! Third times a charm and I'm banking on it being tomorrow. (Ah, yes, gotta love snow in April if you have a super-over-the-moon-cool Harley jacket - and I do.)

Spring will come soon enough - until then, I have a very cool jacket to keep me warm and toasty.

After doing damage at the Harley store, we headed out to Quaker Steak for Smokin’ Bill’s Bacon Biker Burgers and fries. EXCELLENT CHOICE, however…

I may never eat again.

Thanks Hennessy – good times as always!

No comments: