Saturday, November 15, 2008

I Get By With a Little Help From My Friends

I know I’m not perfect. No one is. A flawed gemstone isn’t even realized until it cracks in 2. I was close to cracking the last month or so. The flaws, worries and stressors are still being camouflaged to the best of my abilities. I find that deep breaths and wine help, but not as much as my friends.

There are times in my life that I should have taken a right turn but I chose to turn wrong instead. But as StoryPeople so rawly states, I am only strong enough for a life of partial virtue. And that my friends, is why I need a REWIND button. Well, of course WE ALL could use one of those but I find I am in need of one more often than I care to admit. (What the hell is up with that?)

I try not to judge and I ask others to do the same. Thank God for my friends who have had to put up with me a lot the last couple of weeks.

Don’t judge and you’ll never be wrong. Thanks for that.

Things are finally starting to look up a bit but I think some irrevocable damage was done. I was less than pleased with some of the answers I received this week but I’ll deal with it.

You can sew it up but you still see the tear (U2 – The Sweetest Thing).

I’d like to rewind a lot of things I’ve done in life but all we can do is learn from our mistakes, mishaps, and bad choices (no matter how good it felt at the time).

But what do you feed a hungry soul?

And leave it my friend Hennessy to remind me of two very important things:

1. The strongest of us were forged by the hottest fires of hell

2. Three can keep a secret if two are dead


Big thanks. Much love.
_______________________________________________

What do you see when you turn out the light?
I can't tell you, but I know it's mine.
Oh I get by with a little help from my friends
Mmm I get high with a little help from my friends
Oh I'm gonna try with a little help from my friends

No comments: